3.27.2012

Blender Goodness Part 2

I'm still on a smoothie kick, trying to make healthy drinks to boost my fruit and veggie intake.  I've had a few of the Green Detox Smoothies now and was ready to try something new.  I've got a few more to try that I marked in Pinterest and a few I've been thinking about on my own... maybe this will be the start of a "Smoothie Series"...  Let me know what you think and if you'd like to see more!

I had to get out the big blender for my smoothie today, but it was worth it!  I think I'm going to make this one for the "Grills" as O-man calls them, when they get home from school.  It's chilly out, and this one would be a great cool summer treat, but I've got everything ready and I'd like to use up the ingredients.

Imagine it with a pretty umbrella... I don't have any...
It's hard to tell in the picture and with the blue cup, but it is actually a light green color.

Spinacolada (adapted from someone's comment on another recipe)
1/2 can (14oz) of Coconut Milk
1 c fresh pineapple cubed
1 banana
1 c Greek style yogurt, I used plain
1 c fresh baby spinach, I remove all the stems because sometimes my blender doesn't get them smooth
1T vanilla extract
crushed ice

Blend everything together, add a splash of water or oj if you need a bit more liquid to get the blender going. Enjoy while pretending you are on a tropical island!

Don't forget to stop by tomorrow for the World Wide Blog Hop and check here to see how to win a fabulous new gardening product!

Peace be with you,

1 comment:

Carrie @ My Favorite Finds said...

Look at you and your smoothie self! This is awesome. Thanks for sharing on Handmade Tuesdays.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...