11.08.2011

Christmas Before Thanksgiving... Not for Me!

When it comes to holidays, I love Christmas as much as the next person, but I love Thanksgiving too and feel it gets totally jilted every year:
 
I don't decorate for Christmas before Thanksgiving, I actually decorate for Thanksgiving!  I do however spread my gift shopping out all year and try to be done before Thanksgiving for the shopping portion, leaving me time to enjoy the Christmas season.  If I'm going to make gifts, which I try to do whenever possible, I try to spread those out over time also, but I like to leave "Christmas-y" things until after Thanksgiving...

But, I made an exception this year for my Etsy shop.  I got a custom hat request, ironically for something I was already working on... something Christmas-y.  I'm still working on "Angry Fowl" hats, filling orders and getting ready for a December craft show, but I've been trying to mix it up and throw in a few other hats.

What do you think?  I'm personally thrilled with the way they turned out and already have additional ones in the works.

Peace be with you,
 

I'll be linking up to some of these parties, stop by and check out the talent!

4 comments:

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

These are so cute and festive!

I'd like to invite you to link up at my weekly Things I've Done Thursday! link party. I usually have it up by tonight and it runs through Saturday at noon!

Melanie
Sew Rugged @ bear rabbit bear
bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

Angela @ Our Family Journey said...

I'm impressed! These look great!! They are adorable! I'll have to check out your shop! Thanks for visiting my site!

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday!


Melanie
Sew Rugged @ bear rabbit bear
bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

JLynneCreations said...

I love that Santa hat!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...