9.19.2011

Just When You Think You'll Go Crazy

Well, it's been a bit crazy over the past week.  I had all kinds of plans that went down the drain... literally!   We managed to survive the hurricane and record amounts of rain with a dry basement, but last Monday, on a beautiful sunny day with no rain in sight, our basement flooded.  Yup, the washing machine died.  Apparently it wasn't getting enough attention since the fridge had been leaking and we'd been looking into replacing it.  So, Tuesday was spent cleaning, moving and drying the contents of our basement.  Several hundred thousand dollars later, the replacements were delivered and we're back on track... except for all the displaced things that still need to be put away.

Despite the hassles, a few totally awesome things happened too.

First, I finished up my first official custom Harper N Co order!!!!!  I love my sisters and friends but getting a custom order from a complete stranger is just so awesome.  My customer's daughters' favorite colors are red, dark purple and dark pink... no pastels for this little lady.  The finished product will be shipped off this afternoon
Please excuse my kitchen floor and poor photo quality... not sure where I put the camera (this is from my phone) and the little photo space I'm attempted to use to learn to take better pictures has displaced toys in it.
Here is what I am most excited about, my awesome new labels!  Wonderful custom made iron in tag-less labels by Ragademalion on Etsy.  I love supporting other Etsy shops!  I got to select exactly the font I wanted from probably 100 choices and just a few days later received a biodegradable package in the mail filled with a beautiful baggie of my own labels and complete instructions for use.

Second, I got to spend Saturday with friends scrapbooking ALL day!  It was one of those charity events where you pay a fee, crop from 9am to 9pm, food provided and funds are raised for a cause.  Of course, there were raffles that I just had to enter.  After dinner, 40 some prizes were won by everyone but me.  I was a bit bummed, but that's the way it works when you drop your ticket in.  Plus, my friends won some nice things so I was happy for them.  Then they drew for the grand prize... which had it's own special tickets... and I WON!!!!!  Wanna know what I won?!?!?!?!
That's right, a Cricut!!!!!  I am still in shock.  It's a Cricut Expressions and came with 3 cartridges and vinyl samples in the bundle.  I can't wait to try it out.  I've only used one once or twice.  If you have one and have any tips for me, I'd love to hear them.  Any idea if I can use it to cut fabric?

Peace be with you,
 

I'll be linking up to some of these parties, stop by and check out the talent!

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Oooh, pretty..I have a lil girl im certainly trying this out for :)) Great tutorial..Awesome idea.. I found ya via Made By You Monday hop and I'm officially following your blog with smiles..Can't wait to read more..Hope you can stop in and say hello sometime :)) Ty.. I'm Marilyn from http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com

Jill said...

Congrats on your order - that dress is beautiful!

And Congrats too on your cricut! What a fabulous prize to win! Lucky you!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit! Remember the voting is now open – if you want to head over and vote for your project! The most voted link will get a full post feature/promotion next week!
Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
Round Tuit 67 voting

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...