6.23.2011

Summer Lovin' - Please Welcome Christina from the Tattered Tag!

I'm so excited to have Christina from the Tattered Tag here today.  She has a great blog with a fun weekly link party.  Take it away Christina:

Happy Thursday! Thank you Emily for inviting me to be a guest blogger for your Summer Lovin' Series.  For those of you who don't know me, I am Christina & I share and feature lots of great inspiration over at my blog {The Tattered Tag}.
  



When my family thinks Summer Lovin', we think about how much we love  camping.  We recently purchased a 1997 27ft Sportsmen travel trailer and I was overly anxious to give it a makeover.  I figure there is not much I could do to the outside with its green & purple paint accents {for now}...
But the inside could definately be spruced up to give it a more fun & cozy feeling {unless country blue still provokes fun & cozy feelings for you}...
The main window in the dinning/living area {note the unique window treatment}...
Any good makeover starts with a couple coats of primer & paint {Olympic Satin ~Heavy Cream~}.  The cabinet hardware also got sprayed with a coat of primer & finished with a simple coat of flat black spray paint...
Carpet in any bath area is a no-go, especially in a camper with 3 boys!! Can you believe there was blue carpet around the toilet area???
Adding this fun shower curtain with a wavy water design really brightens up the super small bathroom...
And a quick, affordable fix for the toilet area, self-stick tile squares...
Now I am not picky, all my appliances do not have to be the same brand name.  However, they do have to match in color and the range fan does not {note in the main photo above, the stove cover is also white but the stove is black}...
A can of black appliance spray paint and now I have a lovely kitchen area with matching appliances...
Now the only wood I care to have at camping is the kind used to start a campfire.  So rather than burn the freezer/fridge...
I decided to paint the front of the doors with about 4 coats of that "magical stuff" a.k.a chalkboard paint.  We like to remind ourselves to remain "Happy Campers" in tight quarters...
And the kids enjoy brainstorming unique "faux" menus...
Now these lovely cabinets with etched mirrors were above the "master" area bed, they just roar "hhheeelllppp!!!...
 Want to know how I tamed this "decorating lion"?  Be sure and follow my blog , each week, starting in 2 weeks on Tuesdays {Travel Trailer Tuesday},  I will be sharing the makeover progression until it is complete!!!
Please drop by and visit, new visitors & old friends are always welcome!


Thank you Emily for being such a fantastic hostess, I appreciate being able to share some Summer Lovin'.
Be Inspired!

Peace be with you,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...