3.30.2011

Nothing to Wear...

We interrupt our regularly scheduled blogcast for a field trip!  Today I got to go with my oldest daughter's class on a tour of our state house.  It was very interesting and fun to spend time with my daughter and her classmates.

Unfortunately I haven't quite finished my newest sweater refashion but I always wear my school shirt on the kids' field trips since the kids all have to wear their school shirts.  It just makes it easier to see where all the kids are and if I wear my shirt, kids that don't know me, recognize that I'm a chaperon.

Over the weekend I did finish up a bit of an upcycling project for my "Spares."  The boys asked me to put hoods on some of their t-shirts.  They have long sleeved t-shirts with hoods but wanted some short sleeved hoodies.  Using t-shirts from my stash, I made the hood in a contrasting color.  The bottom hem of the shirt became the finished edge of the hood.  Even though I struggled with a good system for getting them the right size for the shirt and in the right place (some really aren't great), rumor has it they have been wearing them daily.
I spent 10 minutes messing with this picture, no matter what I do to it, it shows up upside down... is it a boy thing?

Peace be with you,

4 comments:

Judy Whatilivefor said...

How fun...I bet your boys loved them! If you don't have Picassa, you can download it for free and I have found it's much easier to edit pictures in there instead of messing with them in Blogger.

~Beth D. said...

I need to do this for my son. He had some store bought tank-hoodies. would love some in his size this year.

Michelle {Daydream Believers} said...

Clever idea to use the bottom hem of the shirt as the finished edge of the hood! :) Nice work!

Unknown said...

What a great idea, you are so creative!! Thank you for linking to my K.I.S.S. blog bash this past week. I so appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful idea. Tomorrow is another blog bash, please drop by & share more of your inspiring ideas!

Drop By The Tattered Tag

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...