3.28.2011

Boy's Sporty "Jewelry"

Once upon a time I designed jewelry.  While I still like to make something for myself or a friend every now and then, it is no longer my passion.  So a few weeks back I sorted through my beads and supplies, kept a manageable amount and bundled the rest up to sell on ebay.
Then the other day, my little O-man was looking under things and all over the house, saying, "were did it go?"  When I asked him what he was looking for he grinned and said, "My jewelry, Mommy.  My pretty stuff."  I finally stopped laughing and he asked me to make him a basketball necklace.  I'm not really sure where he got the idea from, but we went with it!

From my stash (see, Spring Stashbusting here!) I dug out some primary colored wooden beads, elastic and some fun sports ball beads and here is what we came up with:
O-man helped put the soccer, golf, foot, base and basket balls in a pattern and then we made a pattern with the wooden beads.  Since he plays pretty rough with his toys I doubled up the elastic and knotted it several times.  He's been incredibly proud of his necklace and bracelet and has worn them both everyday.

Peace be with you,


Don't forget to enter my Spring Stashbust Give-A-Way!  You gotta be in it to win it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...