1.10.2011

Off to a Great Start

Well, week 1 of creating a better home went really well.  I worked on my Flylady baby steps and have been maintaining them nicely.  Tonight I will be adding, "Set a bedtime and stick to it."  Unintentionally I kinda started that last week.  I felt so good last week after a great night's sleep, I kept going to bed at a decent time (for me) hoping to recreate that productive day.  Unfortunately, it never really happened, bit got me one step closer in my Flylady baby steps, and I have gotten a bit more sleep than I'm used to.

I really enjoyed participating in kojodesigns' I Heart New Years challenge.  I may structure my week days in a similar fashion.  Thanks Kristin and Jordan for the inspiration, featuring my inspiration wall, and for drawing me in a prize (yeah!!!!).

Here's a visual wrap up of the past week for me.
  1. Updated my family picture wall, some new pictures are on their way from snapfish to fill in the blank spots: 
  2. Anthropology-ish sweater skirt.  I saw a gorgeous cable knit skirt on their website, out of my price range though!  So, I pulled out a little worn sweater and turned it into a skirt.  Sorry, trying to take pictures of me wearing it, wasn't working out, I'll have to try when the girls get home for them to help me:
  3. Ugg-ish American Girl boots.  I made these for my girls and this week, I think I perfected the pattern, I'm really pleased with the way they turned out and think I will post some in my etsy shop, hopefully this week:
  4. Practiced using my serger and whipped up a few receiving blankets, my neighbor's just brought home a little girl and another friend is due in a few months:
  5. Another of my own designs, a ruffle tie belt.  They look great over a wrap or cardigan sweater.  This one is for another neighbor, but I think I'll also put some in my etsy shop:
  6. The girls and I did a bit of work on their doll bunk beds, almost done!  We also made some amazing homemade granola bars last night.  No processed ingredients and minimal refined sugars, and pretty good on the protein and fiber.  IronFish has already requested at least a weekly batch of these, as have all 3 kids:
Homemade Granola Snack Bars
5 C Oats (not quick)
1 C Whole wheat flour
1/4 C Almond meal
1/4 C Wheat germ
1/4 C Brown sugar
2/3 C Unsweetened applesauce
1/2 C Honey (we used local)
1/4 C Crasins
1/4 C Coconut
1/4 Mini chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.  Press into a sprayed 10x14 pan, using waxed paper to compact it (this is the only part I did, girls did the rest).  Bake approximately 20 minutes at 325 degrees.  Let cool and cut into 24 squares.  Wrap individually in waxed paper and store in air tight container (OK, I did that whole last section).  Enjoy!!!!!

2 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Love the boots! My daughter would like them even better! Thanks for the heads up on Ralvery.com - gotta check that out!

Melissa said...

That photo wall is TDF, seriously. It makes me wish we had a space for that in our house... hmm... maybe we DO? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...