1.29.2011

Eating our way out of the snow

Check out an updated, clean eating version at my new blog:
  20140122-124322.jpg
*     *     *     *     *
According to the news, we are nearing record levels of snow in our area and more is on the way.  I'm not sure I can take much more of it, but O-man is currently mesmerized by the snow excavation that is going on outside our window 
Last week annalea hart had a post on how to make ice cream out of snow.  I personally had never heard of this before so earlier in the week, I stuck the biggest Tupperware bowl I had out on our back patio and we tried it yesterday.  This really was snow much fun!

Here is how we did it (Annalea's pictures are much better, and she has step by step pictures with the instructions).

1.  Find where bowl is hidden in back yard, this took longer than I originally expected since we got a good 10 inches more snow than predicted:
2.  Bring bowl inside and shock your children, they really couldn't believe I was bringing in a whole bowl of snow considering I keep telling them to keep as much snow outside as possible.
3.  Mix ingredients.  I put 2 cups of milk, 1/2 cup of granulated sugar and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract in a different bowl.  Then added the snow until I had a consistency I liked (Annalea started with a gallon of snow and added her ingredients).
4. Stir until it looks like soft serve ice cream
5.  Put into individual bowls and drizzle with Hershey's syrup.  Enjoy!  (I forgot to take a picture, we were too busy eating it, quite yummy!)
6.  Freeze the rest and enjoy after the kids go to bed (don't worry, more snow is expected in a few days, we can make more...)

Peace be with you,

2 comments:

Brittany @ My Decoupaged Life said...

Visiting from tatertots and jello. What a great idea! I wish I lived somewhere that snowed!
mackenzieseverdaymom.blogspot.com

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

That sounds DELICIOUS!! If only we had some snow...haha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...